Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Loss

I have been trying to come to terms with the fact that I won't be having any more children. I know that at my age that should be no surprise, but it seems to be difficult to get used to. I should be thrilled, our youngest is turning 4 this month. No more diapers, 2 am feedings, potty training. My husband and I can start doing things like going away for a night or two without worrying. It just seems that I have been so let down by Sages loss, and I keep waiting to stop feeling that longing, the feel of a newborn in my arms, I feel like something is missing and I know I will never be able to replace him. How will this ever get better?

2 comments:

  1. Just sending hugs, I wish I knew how to heal your heart. It just all around sucks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, the only thing I know is that over time the hurt is less (so I'm told) but they will always remain in our hearts. I am dreading the day when I know I will not have any more children. I love being pregnant and bringing a new life into the world. I hope that you can find a way to get through this.

    I added Sage to the Angel Friends.

    ReplyDelete